Over-riding the schools mission is the desire to instill in our children a clear appreciation and understanding of the following important values.
- Mutual Respect and the Tolerance of those with different Faiths and Beliefs
- Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
The following school aims embrace the above statements
- To help pupils feel that school and home are working in harmony for their benefit.
- To enable pupils to experience an ethos of care, security, fairness and honesty.
- To help pupils enjoy school and have a positive attitude to learning.
- To help pupils develop lively, enquiring and creative minds with the ability to question and argue rationally and apply themselves to tasks.
- To help pupils acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use them.
- To foster respect for those with different religions, beliefs and ways of life and to develop an attitude which is opposed to discrimination against any personon grounds of socio-economic background, creed, ethnic origin or sex.
- To help pupils develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs.
- To help pupils develop in the basic areas of competence needed for varying patterns in a fast changing world.
- To help pupils understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups, nations and the environment.
- To help pupils develop healthy, fit bodies and equip them with a range of physical skills.
- To appreciate human achievement in art, music, science, technology and literature.