Monday 6th July to Friday 10th July
Remember if there isn't a sheet uploaded here for the day then the activities are on the BBC bitesize website for you to complete
Activity day opportunity for Year 3
The government guidance and restrictions mean that we are unable to admit Year 3 back full time like we have for other year groups. However, for those families who have expressed a wish for their child to return before the end of term we have arranged 4 days next week for the children to spend some time in school. They can attend Monday to Thursday next week at the times indicated in the attached document. Please read it very carefully- our experience of other year groups returning is that not everyone is reading the guidelines as closely as they should and as a result are turning up at the wrong gates at the wrong time. If you do not wish to take advantage of this offer for your child please contact school directly. Thank you
**This information is for those who indicated YES on the recent survey. This plan is based on those numbers. If you indicated NO please do not arrive with your child.**
Monday 29th June - Friday 3rd July
Remember to use the BBC Bitesize Website and the videos on the BBC red button to help you with the activities
Important Information for September
If you have looked at the Most Recent News part of the website you will have seen the school plan for when we return in September. I just wanted to post the information here as well for you to make it easier.
In order to try and have some familiarity for each class in school, somethings are staying the same, whether that is the teacher the children have, the teaching assistant they have or the classroom they are based in.
Topaz Class have been a pleasure to teach this year and myself and Mrs Spivey are happy to say that we are staying with you, in the same classroom, until Christmas! We will still be moving on in our learning so we will be learning all the Year 4 work. I am looking forward to seeing you all back properly in September, if not earlier!
A little message from the staff to all our families
Topaz Message Board
- 01-07-2020 - JackHi Guys What Have You Been Doing?
- 25-06-2020 - hildai am good
- 25-06-2020 - Miss SmithHello Hilda, how are you?
- 24-06-2020 - JackWe are winning both battles let’s work together
- 24-06-2020 - hildahi
- 22-06-2020 - Jackwe are vsing quartz and year4 lets try to beat them both we are beating year 4 but not quartz
- 10-06-2020 - JackWe need to work together to beAt year 6 miss u all
- 08-06-2020 - hildahi
- 08-06-2020 - Miss SmithA new tournament will begin today at 9am on TTRS between us and Year 6 again, let's see if we can earn more points and win again!
- 03-06-2020 - hildahi everyone
- 19-05-2020 - Miss SmithOur new TTRS battle is against Class 6! Let's see if we can win!
- 18-05-2020 - eviei loved the video
- 15-05-2020 - JackI’ve seen the video it is amazing I love it I miss you all
- 13-05-2020 - Miss SmithSo far Quartz class are winning the TTRS tournament! Let's all work together and see if we can win!
- 12-05-2020 - HildaOk
- 12-05-2020 - lisbethI cant wait to see you again! I have also have been finding and playing new games on bbc bitsize and I love them.
- 02-05-2020 - Miss SmithThat's ok Hilda, you should have the Cliffhanger book. I gave some of you Cliffhanger and some of you James and the giant peach so you need to complete the Cliffhanger activities when there are both books mentioned
- 01-05-2020 - hildai don't have james and the giant peach book
- 01-05-2020 - Miss SmithGood Morning Everyone! I have set a new Times Tables Rockstar battle ready for next week between the girls and the boys in our class! Let's see who wins!! Good Luck to both teams
- 28-04-2020 - hildahi everone
- 27-04-2020 - RamaèHi everyone, are you ok?
- 23-04-2020 - EliHi everyone I miss you all :)
- 22-04-2020 - Evie Hiii I love you
- 22-04-2020 - Miss SmithIt will be lovely to talk to you all, I'm glad you're looking forward to the call Lisbeth
- 21-04-2020 - LisbethCan't wait until you call us Miss Smith
- 19-04-2020 - Miss SmithSorry Evie, if you have a look on Year 4's page Mr Walsh has included instructions on how you can colour pictures in on the computer. I will find the instructions and add them to our page as well so you can find them.
- 19-04-2020 - eviemiss smith i dont have a printer for the easter bunny coulrings
Monday 22nd June - Friday 26th June
Wednesday's activities are all on the BBC Bitesize website so please make sure you are looking on their
Monday 15th June 2020 - Week 10
RE - Reflection opportunity
Holy Spirit, sent by the Father,
ignite in us your holy fire;
strengthen your children with the gift of faith,
revive your Church with the breath of love,
and renew the face of the earth,
through Jesus Christ our Lord
What gives you strength? How can we 'renew the earth'? (Help the earth)
Can I please remind you during these times to Stay Safe Online. I know I am asking you to use different websites and different links on a daily basis to help you with your home learning but please make sure you are being safe and only following the links that I have posted. Also remember the discussions we have had in class on how we stay safe;
- Only add your real friends to online games
- Do not talk to anyone you don't know
- Do not give your personal information (such as your school, your whole name, your age, your address)
- Only use games and apps that are appropriate for your age
- Tell an adult if you see something that worries you
- Talk to your adults about what you are doing on the interenet so they know you are being safe
Welcome to Topaz Class page!
Here you will find a variety of activities to support your learning whilst at home. These activities will include English activities, Maths activities, activities from other areas of the curriculum and also fun activities to support your mental well-being during these difficult times. No new concepts will be introduced but all work will involve revising things we have already looked at within class or provide you with prompts for your own writing.
I will continue to also upload useful documents, websites and links. In the packs that I have sent home, you will find logins for TTRS, EPIC! Reading and Duolingo.
It would be fantastic to see some completed activities or some completed work from our learning packs, if you would like to share your work then please send a photograph via email to myself:
If sending photographs then please can I ask that they are sent without children's faces in them in order to maintain our high levels of safeguarding.
In addition to photographs being sent, I will welcome any emails that you send that highlights any worries or concerns that you might have. I will access my emails daily and will respond to any email between the hours of 8:45am and 4pm, any emails sent outside of these times will be addressed the following day. Please do get in touch if you need us. The school and myself are here to help everyone through this difficult time.
Here are links to download a free trial of Microsoft Office and Adobe Flash Reader if you require them.
Free Microsoft Office Download
Free Adobe Download
Week 6 - 11th May - 15th May 2020
Here you will find the timetable and worksheets for this week, please remember to use the message board and email me with what you have been doing.
Here are some documents that can help adults support your reading
Here are some documents to support any writing activities that are set or to help you support your child in their learning
Here are some documents to help support your maths learning
Here you will find a variety of useful documents to help and support your child's home learning.