It's half term this week (or it would be if we'd been in school...) so I won't be uploading work in the usual way. I'll leave the links to resources below if you would like to use them. Pobble 365 is great for writing inspiration! Find a good book that you love and read that too!
White Rose Maths for Year Six
P.E. at 9am every day:
As you all know, PE is my favourite lesson and I make sure I never miss it! In these strange and unusual times, Joe Wicks is doing a half-hour PE lesson every day on YouTube. The live-stream is at 9am everyday Monday-Friday and the videos of the stream are available afterwards. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
You are welcome to send any photographs of completed work to Mr Penberthy at:
I can't delete this row without deleting the rest of the table and it's very annoying!
Online safety Information for Children
- Only add your real friends to online games
- Do not talk to anyone you don't know
- Do not give your personal information (such as your school, your whole name, your age, your address)
- Only use games and apps that are appropriate for your age
- Tell an adult if you see something that worries you
- Talk to your adults about what you are doing on the interenet so they know you are being safe
Online safety Information for Parents
It is likely that many children will be spending a lot of time online whilst the enforced closure and lockdown is in place. Please remain vigilante at all times regarding this and ensure you are fully aware of what your children are doing and where they are going online. This is of particular importance with respect to social media, chatrooms, house party, zoom etc. Unfortunately there are people who would take advantage of the current situation and we need to be extra careful with what the children are accessing online. The following links are to support you as parents in keeping your children safe online.
Use the log-in details that you have been given to access lessons on the Duolingo website. Good luck!
3 children met our 1000 XP target by today:
Aneesa 2453 XP (wow!)
Nerissa 1336 XP
Ksenija 1127 XP
Shout outs to Godwill (876 XP) and Eureka (818 XP) for getting close.
We will use the BBC's science programme from now on. Follow the link to the iPlayer show and complete any activities they suggest.
Year Six Message Board
We can use this message board to discuss work-related thoughts, questions and comments. Once you have submitted a comment, I have to approve it before it will appear.
- 23-05-2020 - Nerissa Hope your all well my sister had a good birthday and she is so happy
- 22-05-2020 - Mr PHi Neave, that sounds very frustrating for you! How annoying! Don't start another piece of work unless you want to, if you've done the task but it didn't save, I'm not worried!
- 22-05-2020 - NeaveMr P ,sadly, when i was doing my english work on word it did not save so should I just start another piece of work because i am quite annoyed
- 21-05-2020 - Mr PSounds delicious Nerissa!
- 21-05-2020 - Nerissa I am making a Victoria sponge With a pink layer and blue layer and the theme is unicorn
- 21-05-2020 - godwillguys head over to times table rockstars asap
- 21-05-2020 - Mr PMorning Nerissa! Great; cake is very important! What type are you making? I've made a lot of lemon drizzle cakes and banana loaves in this time!
- 21-05-2020 - Nerissa Morning I am trying to write as much of the story as I can today as it is my sisters birthday on Saturday and I am baking her a cake
- 21-05-2020 - Mr PKayden! Capital letters for names pleeeease!
- 21-05-2020 - Kayden Hi miss smith
- 20-05-2020 - Miss SmithHi Year 6! I just wanted to pop a little message in here to say Hi. I miss popping in to see you all and catching up with what you have been doing. it's nice to read the message board below and find out what kind of things you've been getting up to at home! Stay safe! =)
- 20-05-2020 - AneesaHi guysシ
- 20-05-2020 - Nerissa Good morning hope your all well xx
- 19-05-2020 - Kayden U too Fatou
- 18-05-2020 - Fatou🎀Hi everyone how are you all doing x
- 18-05-2020 - Kayden Nice video
- 18-05-2020 - Nerissa I am doing CGP books as I would usually print out my other work but we are waiting for ink to arrive xx
- 18-05-2020 - Mr PI'm glad that you like it Nerissa!
- 18-05-2020 - Nerissa I have watched that video 7 times I love it that much hope you are all well xx
- 18-05-2020 - Mr PHi Evie,
If you go to their website (link above) then you can track back through the activities to find the one you were on!
- 17-05-2020 - Evie Mr P the pobble writing activities I werent and aren’t showing up and I don’t know what to do 😕
- 15-05-2020 - AneesaHi :)
- 15-05-2020 - MatildaWow, that video message is amazing. I loved it!!
- 15-05-2020 - neavehelllooooooo!
- 14-05-2020 - Fatou🎀Hi everyone hope you are all staying safe
- 14-05-2020 - Ruby Sir, my green book that I have been putting all my work in is almost full x
- 14-05-2020 - Fatou🎀Hi everyone
- 14-05-2020 - Ruby 😊Hi everyone hope you’re all well I can’t wait to get back to school and see everyone stay safe🌈
- 14-05-2020 - KaydenHi everyone
- 13-05-2020 - Mr PHi Fatou, well done for doing some work. Please remember that I only want you to do as much as you face doing - do what you want and no more than that. I'm so pleased you've been able to work with Ruby today - it's important to have friends.
- 13-05-2020 - Fatou🎀Hi Mr P I did some work today with ruby I try to do as much as possible
- 13-05-2020 - Fatou🎀Hi everyone xx
- 12-05-2020 - Fatou🎀Thank you Mr P I appreciate your support I tried to do as much work as possible I am sorry 😢
- 08-05-2020 - Eurekai passed 1000 XP on Duolingo
- 05-05-2020 - EvieMr P in the Pobble activities do you use your imagination to answer the questions ?
- 01-05-2020 - eurekahello guys my brother is being very annoying but managing to do my homework 😂
- 23-04-2020 - Mr KeddieHello Year 6. Hope you're all well. I'm currently hiding from my kids (social distancing!). See you all soon. Mr K
- 20-04-2020 - Mr PCheck out the French section above guys for details of who won the XP competition... Prizes to be awarded when we're back at school!
- 01-04-2020 - Ksenija :)guys i found out how to look at your Xp in Duolingo, you need to go on your profile then scroll down, Im on 1042 xp.
- 22-03-2020 - Mr PFirst names only guys...